To make exporting and importing easier for our customers we offer a variety of tools for an efficient coordination of a global supply chain. Supply chain solutions can streamline procurement and supply processes, make delivery times quicker and reduce the overall logistics costs. Moreover, improvements can be made to supply chain transparency and the information flow.
Supply chain solutions consist of various value added services, which provide maximum benefits for our customers. These include for example order management and order follow-up, and solutions for cargo handling, warehousing and distribution. In the most advanced form this can be considered as logistics outsourcing. Supply Chain Solutions are always tailored to the customer’s needs.
Special collections and deliveries
Standard deliveries and collections take place between 08.00 and 16.00 on weekdays. Should the customer require express delivery or service outside normal business hours this can be arranged as a special service.
Special collections and deliveries
- Express deliveries according to customer’s needs
- Evening or morning deliveries
- Collections and deliveries with fixed times
- Assistance in carrying or two drivers
- Agreement in advance on the deliveries of full containers, with a possibility to change planned drop-off date with short notice, without additional charge
Cargo handling services
Different cargo handling services make the supply chain more efficient, make transit times faster and to provide possibilities for savings for importers or exporters. The customer can let Varova undertake goods handling activities on their behalf, either partly or completely.
Additional cargo handling services
- Picking and gathering of cartons
- Sorting of shipments/cartons/products according to the customer’s instructions, for example at order number level, or by store, product, order or country
- Palletizing and shrink wrapping
- Labelling and marking of cartons
- Weighing of cartons
- Steaming of textiles
- Consolidation (LCL -> FCL / LTL -> FTL) LCL shipments can be assembled and combined into so called buyer’s own consolidation shipments. Shipments can also be loaded into the transport unit in customer’s preferred order to facilitate unloading and handling at destination. This can also shorten the overall transit time.
- Shipments arriving on different transport modes can be combined for onward deliveries in Finland or to a further destination abroad. Similarly, export shipments can be collected from different locations in Finland to be combined for onward international transport.
Goods in both intra-EU and extra-EU trade can be warehoused at our logistics centre at the Vuosaari harbour, either short-term or long-term. Bonded warehousing is also available.
- Intra-EU short-term or long-term warehousing
- Short-term customs warehousing – short-term warehousing of goods arriving from outside the EU
- Long-term customs warehousing – long-term warehousing of goods arriving from outside the EU
- Partial customs clearance. Goods are customs cleared when the importer needs the goods for sale. The reminder is within the long-term customs warehouse and VAT is payable only at the time of customs clearance
Transport packaging and packing services
The purpose of transport packaging is to protect the goods from ordinary wear and tear during the transport process. The shipment and its packaging must be able to endure fastening inside or to the transport unit. The shipper is responsible for the adequate packaging of goods for transport. We provide assistance in planning the packaging and offer packing services.
Our experts will consult the customer in choosing the right packaging taking into account the size of cargo, tranport mode and specific features of the shipment. The goods must be packed for transport so that they are protected against ordinary wear and tear during transportation, such as machine loading and unloading, and the effects of marine weather conditions. Moreover, dust, dirt and humidity, especially condensation caused by temperature change, and droplets forming inside the container are considered as usual wear and tear.
We can also assist in the planning and design of transport packaging so that space in the transport unit is optimized.
Packaging services and materials
- Packing service according to agreement with the customer
- Procurement of wooden packaging (pallets, cases) tailored to the cargo and dimensions
- Disposal of used packaging material and pallets
- Stamping according to ISPM15 standard
E-services and Purchase Order Management
E-services support and facilitate supply chain management and logistics processes. Our order follow-up solutions make it possible for the customer to stay up-to-date on delivery schedules even at product code level. Tailored solutions can be found to integrate the customers’ IT-system with ours to create a seamless flow of information.
Order follow-up and Purchase order management
- Order follow-up as part of the Track&Trace service. Follow-up of delivery schedules at order or product level. Customer will receive automated status reports by e-mail
- Purchase order management by the integration of the customer’s own format to Varova’s system – customer can make bookings and follow them up through their own system
- Purchase order management at order level
Cargo insurance and risk management
Various transport conventions and regulations limit the liability of the transport operator. Compensation is legally limited to a minimum amount. Cargo insurance provides comprehensive coverage against the risks of loss or damage during transportation by external causes, regardless of the transport mode.
We recommend insuring the cargo for the entire transport chain. Read more about cargo insurance
Customs clearance and freight forwarding
Our experienced customs clearance and freight forwarding team ensures that your transport complies with legal obligations and regulations. Import customers have their own, named forwarder to assist in customs clearance, documentation and logistics. The forwarder will also check if there are possibilities for exemptions from customs duties or preferential treatment.